How do I burn a .iso file?
CD Burner XP
- Insert a recordable CD or DVD.
- A small window will pop up asking what you want to do with the blank CD/DVD, select “Burn a disc with CDBurnerXP” and push “OK”.
- If you do not see a small pop up window, or unable to find “Burn a disc with CDBurnerXP” in the list of available options, open CDBurnerXP from the Start Menu.
- Choose “Create Data CD/DVD”
- Go to “File” then click “Burn disc from .iso file”
- In a new window you will see the burning options. Under “Select .iso Image to burn:” you will need to choose the path to the .iso image you want to write to a CD or DVD.
- Click on “Burn disc”
1. Click on the .iso image you want to burn on CD
2. On the top of the screen of File Explorer, click on Manage, under Disc Image Tools
3. Click on Burn
4. Select your CD-ROM as Disc burner and click on Burn
5. Wait until the process is complete and you’ll have your .iso image burned on a CD
How do I mount an .iso file?
For Windows 7, you can use any number of free products to mount an .iso file. Download VirtualCloneDrive and then install it. Right click on the downloaded .iso file and select Mount. You should then be able to explore the files included in the .iso file.
For Windows 8 and later versions, you can double click on the .iso file and should be able to view the files that it includes. You can also right click and select mount.
How do I get the latest version of a software product?
Software distributed to campus will typically be updated over the summer and winter breaks unless a new version fixes a major issue. This is to allow Colleges and departments an opportunity to update their labs and machines without significant interruption.
Typically we will download new versions and make it available to IT personnel within a few weeks of their release. This allows IT personnel to begin their own testing and packaging process.
What if I don't see the software I am looking for on this site?
- You can usually download Freeware or Shareware directly from the web (if you have to accept a License Agreement, make sure it has been approved as a Clickwrap)
- Another group on campus may be managing the license – See “Other Software” menu above
- If you feel that it would benefit the University to obtain the software- complete a Software Suggestion form
How can a Managed Desktop user get software installed on their machine?
Managed Desktop users should have most software products already installed on their machine. If they would like a product that is not installed, they should contact their LanTech for assistance. Products not covered under a site license will require an invoice or other proof of purchase before they can be installed.
Why do I only see Windows installation instructions in the PDFs?
All of the different available operating systems’ instructions have been condensed into one PDF. For ease of access, each different operating system has a bookmark that is anchored to its page.
If you open the Instruction PDFs through Google Chrome, you will see a bookmark icon with a drop-down arrow beside it in the toolbar at the top of the page. If you click on this icon, a list of different available operating systems will appear. Each item in the drop-down menu is anchored to a different set of instructions in the current PDF.
If you open the Instruction PDFs through Firefox, you will still see the toolbar at the top. However, you will need to select the icon second to the left, labeled “Show Document Outline.” From there, you will see different available sets of instructions for installing the product.